Y O U W I L L N E E D
- Cheap white rice
- Poster paint
- Large paintbrush
- Optional glitter
M E T H O D
- Pour rice into a tray
- Squirt your chosen colour paint into the tray (I chose green and red for Christmas)
- Stir in the paint until every grain of rice is coloured (keep all colours separated for now)
- Leave to dry (I leave it over the weekend, but it may be okay over night)
- Stir and break up with your fingers until all grains are separated from each other.
- Then mix the colours to create the desired effect.
There you go, it’s really as easy as that!
I’ve also added coloured glitter to make it extra special for Christmas. You could also add essence.
I will pour the mixture into a tuff spot tray and all other Christmas theme items and toys for the kids to explore.
Remember to tag #oursensorykids if you give it a go!