Finally, I have found a long-lasting home cook play dough that is both easy to make and safe for little ones to play with.
Time: One Hour
Cost: Very Cheap
Y O U W I L L N E E D
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
- food colouring (15 drops) (and essences if required)
- 1 cup flour
- glitter / herbs / spices (additional extras)
M E T H O D
- Mix together every ingredients, apart from the flour, into a large non-stick saucepan
- Heat on the hob until most of the salt has dissolved (this takes a long time)
- Take off the heat
- Stir in the flour bit by bit using a spoon and sieve.
- Wait for it to cool, the knead firmly to make it smooth
- This is where you add glitter / herbs etc if you want to.
- Store in an airtight bag or container (does not need to be refrigerated)
P L A Y
Please tag us in your photos on Instagram using the hashtag #oursensorykids to be featured.