Valentines Sugar Cookies
MAKES: 18 large biscuits
TIME: 30 minutes total to prep and cook
Y O U W I L L N E E D
100g unsalted butter
100g caster sugar
1 free range egg
275g plain flour
M E T H O D
- Pre heat your fan oven to 190c
- Mix the butter and sugar together until pale, light and fluffy
- Add the egg, mix until fully combined
- sift flour in with the other ingredients, mix until full combined into a soft dough
- Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface until around 1cm thick evenly across the dough
- Use a cutter of your choice, we chose a heart for this time of year.
- Cut out shapes and use a slice to place the delicate shapes onto your non-stick baking tray (or use butter to grease, or use baking parchment)
- Put in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- When ready they will still be soft and look very pale in colour, do not worry they will harden in a few minutes.
- Now is the time to press in lettering, if you want to do this step.
- Leave to cool on a calling rack for around 5-10 minutes.
- Your biscuits will still feel warm, but will be hard enough to pick up.
- I sprinkled a but of icing sugar on for athletic purposes, but they honesty are sweet enough without. In the past I have also added a thin layer of icing on top, so they can be decorated this part is up to you!
- They can now be stored in an air tight container, or eaten straight away!
I hope you enjoy making these very easy sugar cookies. They make the perfect gifts for loved ones on this very special day.
Please share your photos if you do have a go at this recipe, I would love to [FEATURE] them on my feed for this week of ‘L O V E’. Just use the hashtag #oursensorykids on our Instagram.